TR6 - Ignition Wire Problem

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR6 - Ignition Wire Problem
From: JoeSimcoe@aol.com
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 1997 18:13:50 -0500 (EST)
The Prince of Darkness has struck out at me ! ! ! !

Without warning (and after having been driving/starting all day yesterday) I
went to turn the key and DEAD.

The wire from the ignition to the solenoid (White/Red) is dead.
Power gets through the ignition switch and back to the plug at the pigtail
where it enters the harness, but no power where it comes out at the solenoid.

I am assuming that something rubbed somewhere and broke the wire? ? ? ?

Anyone ever had a similar experience???  Any ideas, comments,  suggestions???

I am about to feed a separate single wire along the harness from the ignition
switch to the solenoid, any other suggestions?

Thanks
JoeSimcoe