Trunnions & Bolts!!!, Help

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Trunnions & Bolts!!!, Help
From: DUHART JOHN <duhart@symbol.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 97 8:23:34 -0500
Hey All,

        I dismantled my front suspension this weekend, and run into an
interesting problem.  The bolt that connects the lower wishbone to the
trunnion looks like it is cemented in the trunnion.  I can get the nut
off of the trunnion to remove one of the wishbones.  The bolt in the
trunnion is surrounded by a reddish substance (Lock-Tight?).  What can I
do to remove this bolt?  Is there something I can sock this in that will
dissolved the reddish substance.

        Also, I was able to remove one vertical link from its trunnion, but the
other one is in there good.  I know each trunnion is threaded
differently, but no matter which way i turn it I get about 2/3's of a
turn before it stops.  Yes I removed the stopper from the top of the
trunnion.  Any Ideas?  I'm concerned because the first vertical link came
out so easily.

        It is amazing the assortment of incorrect bolts I have found.

Later,
JHD IV