RE: Are good mechanics just born?

To: "'Lawrence Schilling'" <lchillin@siu.edu>
Subject: RE: Are good mechanics just born?
From: Chris Prugh <prubrew@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 1997 16:49:24 -0800
Cc: "'Triumph List'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Lawrence,

        Hey...it's Monday. These things are excusable.  The key, at least for
me, is to remember this is a hobby, and as such, should be enjoyable.  Take
your time, don't worry, have a homebrew.

        I don't know if you are born with it, but I do know some folks will
never get it.  I just helped my neighbor put a serpentine belt into his 94 Ford
3.8 litre wagon.  He had been foolin around over there for most of last week, I
could hear wrenches being thrown, loud cussing, (not unlike many times here)
and what looked to be a general lack of progress being made.  Being the proud
man that he is, he did not come over to ask for help.  I went over with a cold
beer for him, told him to sit down and let me take a look.  Took about 15
minutes total from that point.  He was astounded.

        Now, I'm not your dad, or anything close to a master mechanic, but I do
take my time, and I do enjoy myself.  It  makes everything just that much
easier.

It's pretty sappy...but Don't Worry

You may be your own DPO if you rush and ruin

Chris Prugh
72 Spitfar