Re: RHD TR's in the USA

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: RHD TR's in the USA
From: Tom Tweed <ak627@dayton.wright.edu>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 1997 14:57:36 -0500
Hi Andy, Bruce et al.

Andy noted :

   (after I pompously declared..)

 >> This proposal reminds me of an old song by the Mills Brothers (yes, the
[snip]

 >Er, Tom, isn't that the Statler Brothers? "Flowers on the Wall" I believe
 >is the title, circa 1965, big crossover hit on country and pop charts.
 >
 >Now, "I must go back to my room and make MY day complete, counting flowers
 >on the wall...." ;-)
 >
 >--Andy

and I will stand corrected, thank you Andy, and refrain from attempting
to cite music trivia while relating TRiumph opinions.

Still, getting back to the proposed L to R conversion, I did not even
think of Bruce's point - that your ability to `peek' into the passing
lane will be gone; also gone will be the car's originality as a LHD, US-
market car.  The car will become a personal project, like a radical
street rod, which could tend to suck up lots of your cash, but then be
worth less when you're done than when you started.  OR, playing devil's
advocate here, it could get half-done and abandoned, and THEN how much
would it be worth ?  Would you buy such a car, if it came to that ?

Instead of a music analogy, how 'bout a `This Old House' truism:
Measure twice, cut once  (substitute Think for Measure).

Best regards,
Claude Hopper
SW Ohio