MG wires on a TR4?

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: MG wires on a TR4?
From: "Heuer, Paul" <paul.heuer@dsto.defence.gov.au>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 1997 08:59 +1030
Hi all,
I have been looking at a TR4 which is for sale near me. The car has a number
of problems, but the one which is going to be the most expensive to fix is
the worn splines on the wheels and hub adapters. The splines are quite badly
worn so I'm told chrome plating is not an option.

The car has 14x6 wire wheels on it which the owner says are from an MG. Can
any listers with experience in both marques tell me if MG wire wheel splines
bolt straight onto the TR4 hubs, or has the owner performed other mods to
fit these things up?

I would also appreciate thoughts in general about what to do with/about/for
worn wire wheels.

Cheers,
Paul.