Trip to UK

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Trip to UK
From: JimBPPS@aol.com
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 1997 21:06:48 -0500 (EST)
Several weeks ago I requested help from the Triumph list for my then upcoming
trip to London.  I wanted to attend the 1997  International Triumph Show that
was scheduled to be held in Stoneleigh near Coventry on the 19th of Feburary.
 This was my first trip to the UK and I needed help!

The list came through in a big way.  Detailed information on which train to
take from where, when and for how much.  I am especially endebted to Johnny
Leech and Leon Guyott for the Train Schedule (I later met Leon at the Triumph
Sports Six booth at the show!), and Johnny Storm for his help and great sense
of humor.  Thanks a whole bunch!!!

While at the show I was amazed at the number of exhibitors and of attendees!
 The place was absolutely mobbed!  I was able to pick up a few items for my
car and for my collection of books and papers on TRs.

After we finished at the show we went on to Coventry, saw the new and the
bombed out cathedral.  We then toured the National Auto Musem at Coventry.
 Well worth the side trip, lots of very interesting cars, very good exhibits.

Our whole trip to London was glorious.  Loved every bit of it.  What a lovely
country and so many nice people.  I can't wait to go again.

Jim Bauder
Palo Alto. CA
'58 TR3 in boxes