Re: Spitfire Differential

To: David Schenck <David_Schenck@msn.com>
Subject: Re: Spitfire Differential
From: Spitfire 1500 <spitfire1500@named.dalton.net>
Date: Sat, 08 Mar 1997 02:46:42 -0500
Cc: Spitfire List <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
David Schenck wrote:

> I seem to have the same clunk noise as was earlier described in a letter.  I
> was just wondering how much trouble it was to open up the differential and
> what the problem might be.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I also
> have a bunch of parts for a 67-69 (not sure the exact year) Spitfire,
> including intake manifold and carbs, etc.. I was wondering if there was a good
> place to trade them for some parts for my 1500.  Also, if anyone can give me
> details about the event in PA that would be a big help as well.   Thanks a
> lot!!!
>
> Dave Schenck  (david_schenck@msn.com)
> '78 Spitfire
> Baltimore, MD

Dave, first check your U-joints, then the diff.  If you have an early
Spit dual carb manifold and twin SU carbs, keep those and use them on
the 1500.  These will provide better performance.

Sorry I couldn't have been any more help.

Ron N.
Dalton, Ga
http://member.dalton.net/~spitfire1500
77 Spitfire 1500 - undergoing cajones transplant - FM66513UO
62? Vitesse/Sports 6 convertible - HB5635LCV
92 Ford Tempo GLS V6 (Ultimate Q-ship!) - 1FAPP38U1NK150073