Born too late!

To: Scions of Stanpart <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Born too late!
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 1997 11:38:56 +0500 (EST)
Thanks to the work of Peter Sutherland on the Temple of Triumph (FL) Web
site, I've been enjoying old issues of the _TSOA Newsletter_ on the Web.

That is, until today, when I ran across the following notice in V.10, #6,
June, 1964:

"The Competition Department of the Standard-Triumph Motor Company, Inc.
has informed TSOA that two of the Triumph Team SHELL 4000 Rally cars are
up for sale. These of course are the factory-prepared special
aluminum-bodied TR-4 Hardtops, fitted with the 1991 cc engine, Weber
carburetors -- and a host of other goodies. The two cars up for sale are
the Rasmussen/Coombe car, which was the highest placed car of the Triumph
Team in this year's event, and the Jennings/Homsey car.

"Both of the special TR-4 Hardtops have been considerably refurbished
since the event, and are in excellent running condition.

"According to the Competition Department, offers around $3000 will be
considered, for either car. Complete details as to specifications, etc.,
will be supplied to genuinely interested people. Write to...."

I hate it when I JUST miss an ad by a few days/years/decades.... ;-)

--Andy

p.s. Wonder if they came with the balance of the factory warranty?