RE: Weber Settings

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: Weber Settings
From: Ljbtvr@aol.com
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 1997 08:32:19 -0500 (EST)
RE:Weber settings advice

Bob Lang asks for advice for what stuff to use in his Webers.  Although my
knowledge of these carbs is limited I can tell you my own experience with my
TVR's TR6 engine.  It does have a fast road cam in it and increased
compression unlike Bob's car but I think the setup will work for him:

emulsion tubes- 45F11
main jets-120
air correctors-160
idle jets-F9

and most important-
choke tubes (venturis)- 28mm

Webers are usually shipped with choke tubes that are way too big for a street
TR6 motor- they breathe too much air.  They are fine for racing, where the
car is mostly run at wide open throttle but this doesn't work for street use.

Also- in street use (low rpm) the car will run mostly on the idle jets so
they
are just as important.  Disconnect the choke cable- it isn't needed.  Make
sure your fuel pressure is about 3-4 psi-no more and make sure your float
level is correct.  Also I run 26 degrees total advance on the distributor (10
+ 16).

I recommend the above setup since I gave a professional tuner 3 or 4 sets of
each item (except the choke tubes) and told him to have at it.  The TVR runs
great at all rpms.

Larry Bickel
ljbtvr@aol.com
Lancaster, PA
'68 GT6, my racer
'71 TVR 2500, my street car and sometimes racer
'85 Dodge Van
'83 Chevy S10
'80 Yamaha 650