RE: TRF Replies

To: "'TRFmail@aol.com'" <TRFmail@aol.com>
Subject: RE: TRF Replies
From: Chris Prugh <prubrew@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 1997 17:16:48 -0800
Cc: "'British List'" <british-cars@Autox.Team.Net>, "'Triumph List'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
TRF & Listers,

        Just to keep you all posted.....

        I had asked my fellow listers to see if they could measure the hub
adapter length for the 4.5" wire wheels.  I did this because I received two
different sizes from TRF during the winter sale.  When I got around to
mounting them, I had laid the parts out and noticed this .25" difference.
        I tried to call the tech line at TRF for days, getting either a busy
signal or ever ringing line.  I then decided to try the power of the net.
        Within two days of sending my e-mail query, Dave was calling me to
personally, responding that he had not only measured what the true dimension
should be, but had found similar mismarked hubs in inventory.  I have
returned the two short ones for exchange, and upon receipt will probably
sign up for the club and get my new top.

Thanks TRF for some positive customer relations !

Chris Prugh
72 Spitfar