Re: It doesn't seem to fit !

To: "William F Daehler" <WFDAEHLE@mail.delcoelect.com>, <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: It doesn't seem to fit !
From: "Bill and Sal Birney" <birneybs@onaustralia.com.au>
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 1997 18:42:10 +1000
I have a passing interest in this, as my greatest wish is to have a TR5,
however they are a little thin on the ground.

I have had a look at 4,4A, 5 and 6, and the main difference in the body
seems to be the inner wheel arches, the 5 and 6 don't have the large "box"
sticking out (best description I could think of, of course there are some
chassis changes as well.

Looks like you've found one of the reasons for the inner wheel arch
changes, and maybe the chassis mods allowed them to move the motor forward.

Those in the know please enlighten us all, as using a 4A to make a 4A+ (ie
+6 cylinder PI motor) is on my wish list (just after winning the lotto
etc).

Bill and Sal Birney
'70 GT6+ (RHD)
'67 Spitfire MkII (restoration)