TR3 thermostat, Again

To: Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR3 thermostat, Again
From: jibrooks@juno.com (Jack I Brooks)
Date: Sun, 06 Apr 1997 21:31:47 EDT
One more time for those of us with absolutely no memory.  I do not have a
skirted thermostat.  I have a 83°C or 181.4°F thermostat.  I have places
a 7/8 OD x 5/8 ID washer at the engine side of the by-pass hose to
restrict the flow.  Everything I saw in my manuals leads me to believe
this is the correct place.  Is this correct?  Is reducing the flow with a
5/8 inch hole sufficient?  Also, currently I have a cadmium plated steel
washer in there.  Should I replace it with a Stainless steel one?

Thanks.

Jack Brooks
Hillsdale, New Jersey
1960 TR3-A TS69032L