Re: sandblaster

To: Triumphlist <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: sandblaster
From: Daniel Elder <sports6@gte.net>
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 1997 20:22:44 -0700
I bought a pressurized blaster from a local "Big Lots" closeout store and its
the same
one sold by Harbor Freight. Works very well.Much quicker than a syphon feed
unit! I did
the entire frame of my '64 Sports 6 with it. However, sandblasting is my least
favorite
restoration acvtivity as it is so messy and hot ( coveralls and hood are a must
and I
advise a respirator mask ). I have a 5hp compressor with 60 gallon tank. The
air
requirement can be modified with different size ceramic nozzles. Smaller means
less air
needed but slower working. My compressor works hard to keep up on long
projects. I also
bought a sandblast cabinet from Harbor Freight. Very nice for small stuff. You
can get
the cabinet for about $125 and about the same or less for the pressurized
blaster. I
have no interest in the company but have gotten good use out of the inexpensive
tools
from Harbor freight. They have a web site and once your on their list I think
you'll get
free catalogs for life. http://www.harborfreight.com
Dan
ps If you're setting up a garage/workshop, by all means get retractable air
hose reels.
I have 2 which allows me to reach almost all of my 30' x 36' shop. They run
about $39
from you know who.