Re: TR3 tires

To: Jett.Hogger@prodigy.com, brooks@belcotech.com
Subject: Re: TR3 tires
From: ArthurK101@aol.com
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 1997 14:36:16 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
In a message dated 97-04-12 08:23:50 EDT, Jett.Hogger@prodigy.com (MR JOHN M
ROSSI) writes:

> Dunlap  still makes a 165/SR-15.  Thats the tyre of choice on most 15
>  inch Triumphs 2 thur 4a and MGAs.

Jack,
So does Michelin.   A modern tire - Model XZX 165SR15.  My originals (factory
option ) were Michelin X 165/15 steel belted radials, but they are out of
production as far as I know.  The 1st place winner for TR4 concours at the
National VTR convention in Ashville NC in '93 or '94  found someone in
England who had the original Michelin X tire molds.  He had them MAKE five
tires but I imagine that was mega-bucks.  Cheers

Art Kelly '64TR4 CT 33118L (original owner)