Re: TR-3 and TR-6 seats

To: JoeSimcoe@aol.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR-3 and TR-6 seats
From: DANMAS@aol.com
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 1997 16:01:29 -0400 (EDT)
In a message dated 97-04-13, Joe Simcoe wrote:

<< << (There was a picture of someone doing this
 with a piece of string in the TR6 Restoration Guide by "Practical Classics",

 but that sure didn't work for me!)>>

 This worked GREAT for me, I was going to recommend it if ever asked.
 Really.

If it worked for Joe and Practical Classics, it must be a good method, but I
had no luck with it either. Maybe there's a technique I didn't understand.
Instead, I used a 3/4 X 1/8 piece of flat steel, about 10-12" long, with a V
groove ground into one end. This didn't work too well either, but at least I
could make it work, and got the job done!

Dan Masters,
Alcoa, TN