Re: A New Bearing.

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: A New Bearing.
From: Ken Streeter <streeter@sanders.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 1997 08:59:46 -0400
Egil Kvaleberg wrote:

> The usual reason for thrust washer problems is that some DPO (make that P
> for previous or present) have installed at least one of them in the wrong
> way around. It is very easy to do, since they install just as easily both
> ways, and the correct way is not very intuitive, perhaps even
> counter-intuitive.

OK, is there somebody out here that there that's "Been there, done that"
and can write a short description of the right way to install these,
so that I can put the instructions on the VTR Maintenance page?

(I would, but I don't know how to install them, having never seen
a TR6 thrust washer...  I hope I don't have to any time soon, either!)

--ken
VTR WWW Maintainer -- http://www.vtr.org
'74 TR6 Daily Driver

--