Re: spit - rear wheel chamber, question

To: Romano Kroemer <romano@bellatrix.pcl.ox.ac.uk>
Subject: Re: spit - rear wheel chamber, question
From: Michael Galloway <mgx@icesar.epm.ornl.gov>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 1997 13:43:49 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: triumph mail exploder <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
romano ...

i take a stab at this, since i've just been through it.
the spitfire specs call for between 1 to 3 degrees of
negative chamber depending on the load. i cannot recall
the exact numbers, my manuals are at home and i can get
them for you tonight or tomorrow if you need them.

negative chamber is wheels closer at the top than at the
bottom.

if your spit has this the specified chamber, be happy and
drive your spit. if not, purchase a replacement spring
(from rimmer bro.s i guess) and put it in yourself. it is
a fairly easy job and can be done in a couple of hours.

be sure to replace any lock nuts you remove with a new
one.

-- michael galloway
   '78 spitfire.