TR-3A spark plug recommendations

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, british-cars@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR-3A spark plug recommendations
From: John Cowan <jfcowan@sj.znet.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 1997 20:49:50 -0700 (PDT)
I got three recommendations for plugs for my TR-3A:
Autolite #273
Champion RL82C (from Champion customer service)
NGK BP6ES

  I eventually chose Champion RL78YCs, recommended for TR-3As in a
catalogue in a NAPA store.  The car had NGK BP6ES installed.
  The BP6ES extend at least 3/16" farther into the cylinder than the
RL87YCs.  The car was so far out of tune that I won't be able to offer a
comparison.
  Thanks.to all who offered suggestions.
John

Visit - In Their Own Words Website - an on-line non-commercial publishing
experiment, plus articles, article outlines and Left/Progressive links at:
           http://sj.znet.com/~jfcowan/