Re: TR3A (carb) tuning problems

To: Paulsv@aol.com
Subject: Re: TR3A (carb) tuning problems
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 1997 10:58:06 +0600 (EDT)
Cc: mw_jordan@nationalpicture.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
On Wed, 16 Apr 1997 Paulsv@aol.com wrote:

> <<  The car has Stromberg 175CD carbs
>
> Well, MJ, I think I see a problem right off, here!  I can't imagine why you
> would use Strombergs, when the SU's (standard equipment for a 59 TR3) work so
> well, and tune so easily!
>
> << and will not run smoothly at speed  without the choke pulled way out.
>  It will idle fine with the choke in once it warms up, but put any load on it
> and it sputters, backfires and generally is not happy.

Excellent advice deleted. I would add that one of the first things always
to check with Strombergs is the integrity of the rubber diaphragm. If it's
not seated correctly or if there are any tears or holes in it, that can
cause some or all the problems you describe. Make sure these are ok before
messing around with anything else!

--Andy