TR6 front end rebuild

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: TR6 front end rebuild
From: Keith Ehrlich <75452.105@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 19 Apr 97 19:53:52 EDT
After months of denial I have to face the inevitable rebuild of the TR6 front
end. Examination of my "inner (hamfisted) mechanic" reveals that I am in dire
need of advice _before_ I tear it down. I plan to replace upper balls, all
bushings(rubber except for  urethane in the sway bar) and pins, inner balls and
sockets, tie rod ends, springs and pads, shocks ( Carerra), rack mounts and
boots-the works. Any advice is greatly appreciated: Tips, what to look out for,
time savers, wierd tools, reassembly . I've picked up bits and pieces from the
list, mostly from poor souls who seem to get half way across the river and start
drowning.  I  intend to take lots of photos and use the ziplocs for parts and
luckily, I got a Bentleys before it went out of print.  I really need to get
this done before LBC Week!  BTW, how can I  determine if trunions need
replacement as well?

Thanks-this is a great list!

Keith Ehrlich
74 TR6 CF21812U