Re: Rims

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Rims
From: ingate@shiseis.com (Shane F. Ingate)
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 97 09:39:31 PDT
Roger Helman wrote:
        > I am considering either Pansports or Mini Lites for my '6. Which
        > rims, sizes would you all recommend (insert opinion here)?

I wrote an article published here on the list on purchasing and fitting
15"x7" Panasports to the TR6.  Its published on Ken Streeters
VTR pages at http://www.vtr.org/.

Minilites are again available in the US from Brooklands (305/776-BRIT)
and are waaaay pricy in magnesium, the ally on par with the list price
of the Panas (though it is possible to buy Panas much cheaper - see
the VTR page).

Dont know about the Minilites, but some people have exprressed a
rubbing problem with the 15"x7" Panasports, while others dont.  If
you want a simple bolt-on and play, go with the 6".  I was prepared
for a hassle and wanted the more aggressive lines of the 7", so
thats the route I went.

IMHO I think Panas/Minilites are one of the best things you can do
to make a LBC more aggressive and assertive.

        Shane Ingate in San Diego