TR3B Clutch is fixed

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR3B Clutch is fixed
From: Henry Frye <thefryes@iconn.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 1997 09:55:10 -0400
<Enter salutation of choice here>

A couple of weeks back I posted this problem with the clutch on my '3B.
When the pedal was depressed, the clutch disengages. But when you let
out the pedal, the clutch didn't engage promptly. If you work the pedal
up and down repeatedly, the master cylinder "pumps up" to the point
where the pedal is rock hard and will _not_ move from the top of it's
travel, and the clutch is disengaged. After taking my foot off the
pedal, the clutch slowly engaged.

I finally got around to putting the new flex pipe in. Those of you that
thought the flex pipe was acting like a check valve were right. The
newly rebuilt 35 year old master cylinder is working like a charm, and
the adjustment on the rod was fine.

On a side note, I put the new brushes in the wiper motor, it motor runs
like a champ. I reinstalled the motor, and put the new wiper arms and
blades on.

I hope I never get caught in the rain. Nothing like a one speed wiper
motor. I am hoping the wipers will run a tad faster with the engine
running and some rain to wet down the windshield. (I am not optimistic)

Lucas, Prince of Darkness and Obscured Vision in the Rain...
--
| Henry Frye                          E-mail thefryes@iconn.net |