Spring Arrives!!!!

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net (Triumphs)
Subject: Spring Arrives!!!!
From: TWALLI@vanheusen.com (Walling, Tom)
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 1997 09:22:02 -0600
Just a word of warning to any closet Miata owners on the list (and you know
who you are...  don't deny it):  the winter is officially over!  My TR6
(CF6737UO) has ended its hibernation and is out again.  Many thanks to all
on the list who answered my (tedious) questions about wheels and tires,
dashes and pads.  All is back together again (except for a couple of dash
lights that don't seem to light up anymore).  The wheels (K&Ns) look great,
and the tires seem to be just what I was looking for.  There does seem to be
a clearance problem with the wheels at full lock and in reverse (??!!), but
I'll get that all sorted soon.

Yesterday was in the low 60's (ok., 61 maybe) here in Maine, and I put the
top down and took a long ride up to Waterville and back (a good friend got
married).  It was a real spring tonic to hear the exhaust note again, and to
smell all those unburnt hydrocarbons!  I later drove further inland to the
foothills of the western Maine mountains.  There's still snow and ice in the
woods -- yucch!!

Just a plug for next month's "British Car Week", I didn't see a single other
LBC yesterday.  I know they're out there because I've seen them around, but
they're not being driven much I guess.  Anyway, it'll be great to show our
colours May 12 -18.

The only mishap I had with the dashboard replacement was I drilled through
the glove box door when reattaching the check strap.  Does anyone out there
have a neat trick to fill the little hole so that its invisible/hardly
visible?  I've seen colored putty in the hardware store that looks like a
crayon.  They come in several shades and the idea is to use them to fill
scratches and small holes.  Has any one used one for a dashboard?  What
color did you use?