Re: Bonnet irony.

To: steveb@verity.com
Subject: Re: Bonnet irony.
From: lgmiceli@juno.com (Lawrence G Miceli)
Date: Tue, 06 May 1997 07:52:55 EDT
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
On Mon, 05 May 1997 20:50:33 -0700 Steve Benelisha <steveb@verity.com>
writes:

>Well guess what?? My bonnet is stuck (74 TR6). The cable isn't
>broken, rather it seems to stretch without quite releasing.
>There was no sign of trouble before this happened so beware!
>
 >Steve '74 TR6
>Mountain View, Ca.

Steve,

Try once more before taking everything apart, but this time remove the
nut that holds the cable onto the bulkhead fitting so the whole thing
(inner and outer cable) moves. Then when it "stretches" pull a little
more. Probably what has happened is that the pinch fitting holding the
outer sheath has come lose. If you can pull a little more the latch WILL
pop open. This was a common occurrence on my old '74 TR6 until I replace
the .30 cent clip.

Larry Miceli
'76 TR6
'73 Stag