TR3A SU Carbs

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR3A SU Carbs
From: Angelo Graham <a3graham@mc1adm.uwaterloo.ca>
Date: Wed, 14 May 1997 13:43:17 -0400
Hello fellow listers:
While trying to figure why the choke/enrichment device did not work on my
carbs (HS6's), noticed on the front carb that the lever system that
operates the choke/enricher was not anchored to the base of the carb.
After removing the carb, further noticed that the lever assembly has a
small u-shaped bracket fastening the whole assembly to the base of the
brass jet holder.  This bracket has a small (1/4") screw or threaded shaft
attached to it.  I am assuming that this threaded bracket screws into the
base of the jet holder and anchors the whole assembly so the cable can do
its thing.  If I closely look at the base of the jet holder, I can see the
remnants of some threads. Anyone have a front carb accessible so they can
have a look at this assembly for me, or if someone has had first hand
experience with this assembly, I would be thankful for any help in trying
to sort this out.

Many thanks,
Angelo Graham
1959 TR3A