Need help choosing a paint system

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Need help choosing a paint system
From: Trmgafun@aol.com
Date: Thu, 15 May 1997 22:59:45 -0400 (EDT)
Greetings,

I am forewarding this message for a friend of mine who has not yet joined the
list but has been recieving the digest form that I copy for him to read.  As
well as answering his question, maybe you can convince him to join the list.
 As you can tell by his list of cars, he's a dyed in the wool Triumph fan!!

Scott

------------------------Below is the
message---------------------------------------------------

I've been reading information discussed on this list for a few months now and
have been informed and entertained with the responses.  My question to anyone
willing to respond is this:

I have several project cars to restore and I plan to paint these automobiles
myself.  since painting is a major part of any restoration, I want equipment
that is both reliable and gives good results.  This painting would be
attempted in an attached garage area at my home.

Which painting system would be best for a DIY restorer; a high quality, high
pressure painting gun (Binks or others), a HVLP gun designed to be used with
a standard compressor, or should I purchase an entire HVLP system such as the
ones offered by TIP or AccuSpray?

Joe Carlson   (respond to TRMGAFUN@AOL.COM)

1964 Spitfire MKII
1960 TR3A