Carpet Installation

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Carpet Installation
From: scott suhring <suhring@lancnews.infi.net>
Date: Tue, 27 May 1997 07:09:10 -0700
I'm getting ready to install new carpet in my '70 TR6
and am seeking some clarification.

I laid all the padding out and corresponding carpet
on the floor to check out fit and made necessary trim
of padding. My question has to do with the carpet
piece that goes on the sill.

A section of the carpet has a flap of vinyl sewn
at the top part which sits on the top of the sill.
Instructions indicate that this piece gets glued
to the sill. Since the original was removed months
ago to prepare for body work and paint job, I
have no reference to compare to. I cannot visualize
how this piece of vinyl would lay over the sill?
The lenght of vinyl doesn't run the length of the
sill, if it lays "over the top of the sill", wouldn't
this stick out like a sore thumb when the door is
open? I would think that the carpet should only come
to the top of the sill and stop, not going over the top
lip of the sill.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Scott Suhring
Elizabethtown, PA