Re : Problem with Rimmer Bros, or a missing order

To: Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re : Problem with Rimmer Bros, or a missing order
From: Rory Bernard <rb@aspectgroup.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 28 May 1997 13:28:01 +0100
I am posting this in reply to messages about 3 weeks ago on the list with
respect to Rimmer Bros. While I do not work for Rimmers I do buy quite a
lot of stuff from them and was also instrumental in the development of
their web site.

They discovered earlier today that their service provider was
differentiating between Sales@rimmer.netkonect.co.uk and
sales@rimmer.netkonect.co.uk which led to a sizeable amount of email
sitting on the server and not being delivered (all the mail to Sales).
Hence the problem Mr. Nolan Penny was having in getting any response from
Rimmers to an order which they never sent. This was due to all his email
going to this address. Their ISP has now fixed the problem and Rimmers are
catching up with a large batch of email that has suddenly arrived.

Please note that this did not effect any orders or emails sent through the
web site.

Their email address is sales@rimmer.netkonect.co.uk (with a small "s") or
use the web site (http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk).

Many thanks