Oil cooler instalation on a 1975 TR6

To: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Oil cooler instalation on a 1975 TR6
From: "John Di Fede"<difejo@consumer.org>
Date: Thu, 29 May 97 17:24:34 -0500
     Does anybody have any advice for the installation of an oil cooler on
     a 1975 TR6?

     I purchased an oil cooler kit at the Carlile PA. import meet, and was
     under the impression that the oil cooler mounting holes existed on the
     radiator crossmember.  A quick glance at the crossmember did not
     reveal any holes.  As a matter of fact it looks like the front license
     plate mount support rods(whuch mount to the radiator support
     crossmember where the oil cooler should be) are in the way.  It seems
     to me that perhaps the earlier TR6 (without the U.S. specification
     5mph bumper) might have had the holes, but the mounting holes were
     omitted with the 1974-1975 bumper redesign?  If this is in fact the
     case, has anybody got any suggestions for a mounting method and
     location?

     Thanks,  John