Birds of a feather (minimal LBC)

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Birds of a feather (minimal LBC)
From: peb3@cornell.edu (Philip E. Barnes)
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 1997 11:29:52 -0400
Last night after getting the kids settled down and all the chores were
done, I took the TR6 out to fill the tank, as the Weather Channel promised
nice weather for a few days. My wife knows that it takes about an hour to
get gas in the car, even though the filling station is 1/2 mile away. After
getting filled up, I drove around a bit (glorious evening) and found myself
at Jim & Diane's house. They are Car People. Jim is the sales manager at
the local Mercedes/Audi/VW/Nissan store. They have had a steady stream of
neat cars over the years, and presently have a Caterham and a nice Alfa
Guilia Sprint. We talked for a bit, and Jim asked if I'd like to drive the
Caterham. Somehow, "No" never entered my mind. What a neat little car.
Totally impractical; I love it. I reciprocated by offering them the keys to
the Triumph. They came back a while later, impressed by how comfortable the
car is, and remarking on the nice exhaust sound and the sensitive clutch.
We talked a while longer about all manner of car stuff, car values, shows,
personalities of collectors, etc. I got home after almost two hours, but my
wife understood perfectly.

A friend of mine once told me that you can't keep one horse by itself; it
will get out and look for another horse for companionship. I think that's
what happened last night. Thanks for listening....

Phil Barnes
peb3@cornell.edu
'71 TR6  CC61193L (20 year owner)