TR4 Status Report

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR4 Status Report
From: "John L. Walker" <up497@freenet.victoria.bc.ca>
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 1997 21:55:01 -0700 (PDT)
Managed to winch my new toy up the driveway today; one of the best Canada
days I've had in a while :)

Anyway, I also managed to un-stuck plenty of things, including the
soft-top, and the pedals... I now have 1 broken brake line and a profound
lack of clutch fluid :(

After consulting with the previous previous owner, who performed a
frame-off resto 10 years ago or so, it appeared that the clutch had
failed when the car was parked (a mere 3 years ago!)... so I figure it's
been empty, or leaking, since that time :(

anyway, I'm going to test my rebuild skills with the clutch master
cylinder... so far my biggest roadblock is getting the @#$! flare nuts to
let go of the main casting.  I think I'm going to the hardware store soon
to get a refreshed supply of potions and elixir -- and maybe a propane
torch too.

Can anyone tell me a good supplier of spare flare-nuts?  Even some
pre-fabbed ones would be fine, I have a feeling I'm going to have to
wreck these ones to get the lines out.

-Malcolm
-'62 TR4 CT10339L, emerald green!