Re: EGR valve removal

To: Jakub Plichta <jplichta@aw.sgi.com>
Subject: Re: EGR valve removal
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 1997 23:03:39 -0400
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Jakub Plichta wrote:

> I have a 1976 TR6 with all the emission goodies still attached. During
> recent tune-up, my mechanic has traced the source of a nagging vacuum
> leak to the EGR valve. I'd like to just go ahead and remove it to see if
> it's going to help. Has anyone out there done this and what can I use to
> plug the holes in the manifold and the head - does anybody sell such
> plugs?

  If the EGR is the same as my Midget, the thread holding the
lower part in is the same as a spark plug. You can cut up a
spark plug and put it in. (Or put in an O2 sensor and actually
use it to help you tune the car).

  As for the other (intake) end, it's not under the same heat
so just using the fitting but welded shut works fine.

--
Trevor Boicey
Ottawa, Canada