front suspension rebuild - tr6

To: "'TR6 List'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: front suspension rebuild - tr6
From: Peter Zaborski <peterz@merak.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 1997 09:50:40 -0600
I have the front suspension apart on my tr6 to replace bushings and swap
spings from one side to the other (all this precipitated by a snapped
lower shock mount). I have the bolts and bushings removed from the outer
lower wishbones (the ones which go through the bottom of the (dare I
write this?) _trunnion_).

These bushings are made of a hard white plastic (nylatron?). There are
also some very thin rubber seals and "water shields". What are these
seals for? Are the bushings supposed to be lubed with something upon
reassembly? Do the seals hold the lube in and keep the water out? I
couldn't find anything in Bentley about lubing these when reassembling.

Thanks for any help.

Peter Zaborski
76 TR6 (CF58310 UO)
Calgary AB Canada