Voodoo Spitfire (70 III with sudden stop syndrome)

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Voodoo Spitfire (70 III with sudden stop syndrome)
From: Dave Terrick <dterrick@pangea.ca>
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 1997 14:08:30 -0500
Hi all those not at VTR, Terrick here on behalf of a computer-impaired
fellow driver.

The aforementionned 70 Spitfire III, sincle carb, conventional Delco points
ignition (in tune) stops suddenly, all of a sudden.  Moments later it will
restart as if nothing ever happened.  This is a recent phenomena only
present since it's new paint job.  (Maybe it doesn't like  VW's version of
BRG)

I am witness to this event,  it stops so quickly I'm sure that it is
electrical in nature.  My rudimentary knowledge of points systems makes me
think that the condenser could be bad,  but why is this intermittent?!?

Has anybody ever had and solved this problem?

Please reply directly, i dont want to junk up the list un-necessarily.

Thanks in advance

Dave Terrick
GT666 (still gearless,  mainshaft nose bushing was someone's idea of a joke
I guess)
Winnipeg