Paint codes

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, npenney@erols.com
Subject: Paint codes
From: Mark Townsend <markt@tiac.net>
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 1997 22:43:07 -0400
You had a question about paint codes for you 80 spitfire, inca yellow #94?

I just so happened to have some old paint books (dupont) from my days as a
body shop owner-operator and later on in life as a Dupont sales rep.

1980 Triumph Inca Yellow #94 = Dupont Stock#44880 with possible suffix of
LH or A.

Dupont references the following alternate manufacturer paint codes for
Triumph (British Leyland) 207/FAB/50/94 for models TR7, TR8, & Spitfire
avail 1976-1980.

If I can find any of my other books (also previously dealt in BASF systems)
I will make a post.

Suggestion for you. If you have a small part that is easily removed, you
can take it to your Paint shop and have the mix "tinted" to match.

With the number of paint manufacturers, the formulas can vary, as well as
the skill of the person mixing your paint. Find a reputable, high quality
"jobber" in your area and bring your sample in.

You may also want to get a little of the tint to make some adjustments on
your own!

Good luck with it.

Mark Townsend
76 Spitfire