Heritage body parts

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Heritage body parts
From: Robert J Carley <rcarley@uoguelph.ca>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 1997 09:35:38 -0400 (EDT)

I am wondering if any one else has had difficulty with installing Heritage
body panels on a TR6?  I can understand problems in general fit, what with
the tendency of the 6 to not have be fitted that well when new.  However,
I have had problems with both the boot (trunk) lid and the bonnet (engine
hood).

The engine hood does not have the correct curve at the rear, causing the
outer rear corners not to sit down properly, regardless of how it is
adjusted.  In addition, the plates with the three holes in them to
accept the hood hinge bolts had the patterns off.  I had to enlarge the
holes in the hinges (quite a lot) to be able to bolt them to the hood.

In both cases, comparison with the original hood showed variations in the
heritage hood.

Any similar problems?

Robert Carley
73TR6