Re: Need Info on Aiming Headlights on TR6

To: KMNTR6@aol.com
Subject: Re: Need Info on Aiming Headlights on TR6
From: scott suhring <suhring@lancnews.infi.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 1997 20:58:33 -0700
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
KMNTR6@aol.com wrote:

> Hi Guys
>
> I just rebuilt (new gaskets, springs, adjusting screws, etc) the headlight
> buckets on my 1974 TR6 and the lights need adjusting. Is there any
> publication or something on the web that explains how to do it. I know I can
> figure on HOW to adjust them, but I need to know what adjustment they need to
> make them usable.
>
> Later
> Ken Nachman
> Richmond Triumph Register
> 1974 TR6
> 1957 TR3

Ken:

With all the different formulas on how to adjust headlights (see VTR
Tech
section) and all the different boxes, rubber suction cups, etc....
I still beleive the best way to adjust headlights is to find a deserted
or
little traveled straight road that is not lighted. Drive out there (at
night),
stop the car and do it by sight. I just did this on my TR6 after the
shop
alligned them. Much happier with my results.

Scott Suhring
Elizabethtown, PA
'70 TR6