Welding of gas tank

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Welding of gas tank
From: Ashley Southgate <ashleys@es.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 1997 13:06:25 +1200
Just caught up on 2378 messages,there was a script on fuel tank leaking.A
KIWI trick      is to get a hose from your exhaust pipe {another petrol
motor} put it into your gas     tank & run motor for 1/2 hour,the co2 fumes
make tank hot,dries out fuel vapor          & co2 gets into joints etc.My
VELOCETTE motorbike fuel tank leaked & i did the co2      trick,got out gas
torch & welded the tank.I learned this trick off my father who        welded
many a tank this way.
The Fergie tractor motor started out with a Ford 10 motor,side value motor,i
think     Ford was looking at making a tractor like the Fergie {Dexta},so
the Fergie people went to Standard Motor CO.Only last week i saw a USA film
on our TV & there was Fergie        tractor & looked like the model that had
the Ford motor,had jail bars for the grille,any Triumph farmer on the news
group.?                                            Some one was looking for
midnight blue trim,well i have this on order with Moss London,  4-6 weeks
delivery.They tell me a very light blue is the correct colour for the
carpets,all this for my TR 3B. Thats all for now.