Re: TSSC International Weekend<33CB218B.7730@virgin.net>

To: William Davies <w.davies@virgin.net>
Subject: Re: TSSC International Weekend<33CB218B.7730@virgin.net>
From: RICHARD.JACKSON@NENE.AC.UK
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 1997 09:40:56 +0000 (GMT)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, RICHARD.JACKSON@NENE.AC.UK
>Hi All,
>       The international was a resounding social success, but did anyone else
>present feel the show itself is heading into serious decline? I kept
>hearing so many people complaining about the Club Managements attitude
>to the membership, and what about all the missing traders? Anyone else
>got any thoughts on this?

Yep,

Quite agree, the social side was great, good disco, good band, good booze, even
though it was out of date!!!  I was a bit upset that Leon didn't come inside
and buy me and Johnny Storm a pint though! :-)  Can't comment on the
management, I didn't really speak to them, except Bernie, and I was drunk
dancing round some women's hand bag then!!! :-)  There was definately a serious
lack of traders when compared to previous years though.   I thought the
autocross thingiey whatever it's called outside was good, it was novel watching
someone thash an XJS round the course.  Did you see that TVR 350i, didn't like
handling much on the grass, but it sounded good!!

One last comment, the bogs and showers are STILL the bloody same sh*t-hole as
last year!!
Other than that it was a laugh, although we didn't go for the world record for
stuffing people into a Vitesse convertible like last year, we managed about 9
then!!  We did manage 11 in a Spitfire a few years back.  :-)

Cheerio

Rich

ps, I was wearing a black t-shirt with fuzzy 'Dazed and Confused' writing on
it.