Joe Sholtes - Crash!

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Joe Sholtes - Crash!
From: ybullet@flash.net (Steve L. Toth)
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 1997 22:40:25 -0500
>Steve,
>
>    250 brother! What happened to the Yellow Bullet?  I hope you weren't
>hurt also!
>
>                    Give us (that stayed home last week) some details....

  Well Joe,

   On the autocross, in the middle of my second lap, the studs that hold
the half shaft/brake assemblies to the left rear wheel sheared out.  The
left wheel came off at about 30mph or so and the left rear squatted down
and the right front corner came up about 4 feet off the ground.  Some
watching thought that
I was going to flip the car.

   Also, when the wheel came off, with the outer half shaft still attached,
it shot across the parking lot, over a curb and smacked into a Ford Taurus
denting the lower right side door.  Apparently the damage wasn't too bad,
but the estimates came into the $500 range.

   Oh well, shit happens.  :P

                                Later,

                                                    Steve