Golden Lucas ignition coil

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Golden Lucas ignition coil
From: Anne van Leeuwen <anne.van.leeuwen@vitatron.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 1997 02:39:12 -0500
I'm re-posting this message because apparently something went wrong with my
first attempt.

****

When cleaning my garage I found the gold- or copper colored Lucas ignition
coil that I was looking for (but could not find) some time ago. On the
bottom the following numbers show:

SP12
45288A
03 80 (= manufacturing date?)

Does anybody know something about this type of coil? Could it be a "sports"
or high performance coil? (I was once told Lucas did manufacture high
performance ignition coils.) Is it to be used at 12 Volts, thus without
ballast resistor? Is it suitable for a six cylinder engine?

Any help would be appreciated.

Anne van Leeuwen
1972 TR6
anne.van.leeuwen@vitatron.com