RE: door outer waist seal clips

To: "Peter Zaborski" <peterz@merak.com> (Return requested)
Subject: RE: door outer waist seal clips
From: "Vincenti, Ross" <Ross.Vincenti@transamerica.com>
Date: 21 Jul 1997 10:48:18 -0700
Alternate-recipient: Allowed
Cc: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net> (Return requested)
Conversion: Allowed
Disclose-recipients: Prohibited
X400-content-type: P2-1988 ( 22 )
X400-mts-identifier: [/c=us/admd=attmail/prmd=transam/; 0694433D3A0E2017-mtamailhub]
X400-originator: Ross.Vincenti@transamerica.com
X400-received: by /c=us/admd=attmail/prmd=transam/; Relayed; 21 Jul 1997 10:48:18 -0700
X400-received: by mta mtamailhub in /c=us/admd=attmail/prmd=transam/; Relayed; 21 Jul 1997 10:48:18 -0700
X400-recipients: non-disclosure; <0694433D3A0E2017*/c=US/admd=ATTmail/prmd=Transam/o=tfs/s=Vincenti/g=Ross/@MHS>
Peter Zaborski wrote:
[snip]These seals are held in place with U-shaped clips made of spring
steel which have "hooks" to grab the rubber of the seal and the lip of the
door metal. The TR6 parts catalogs all list only one clip type for
the car (14 of them are required to do both doors).   On my TR6 (76) the
doors have a slightly longer lip towards the back of the door to which the
seal attaches. This part of the lip is about 3/16" longer than the rubber
seal. This means the clips which work on the rest of the door are too
"shallow" at this point - the clip hooks grab only the very tip of the
seal.
I have one slightly deeper clip which was on my car on one door
and this would nicely solve the problem. The question is where can I get
a couple more of these longer/deepr clips to use on the rear part of the
seal?
++++++++++++++++++++++
Peter - Just about any good commercial fastener shop/warehouse should be
able to supply the parts you are looking for.  I know exactly what you mean
as my Spitfire had a similar problem on one section of the door.
Fortunately, mine are still holding, but I assume it is only a matter of
time before a couple of them let go.
Ross D. Vincenti
Asst. General Counsel/Asst. Sec'ty.
Transamerica Home Loan - Legal Division