No charge :(

To: The Collective Wisdoms <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: No charge :(
From: "John L. Walker" <up497@freenet.victoria.bc.ca>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 1997 13:00:48 -0700 (PDT)
My alternator doesn't seem to be charging the battery.

I took it out of the car, dismantled it, buffed the comm and inspected
brushes, all looked fine.

According to the ammeter, I'm getting the same current draw when running
as I am when stopped.  Voltmeter across the battery reads 11 volts when
running, 11 when stopped and 5-7 (depending on starter speed) when
turning over.

I think the Lucas control box has been removed.  (there's a red spot on
my black firewall...)  Are there any other controls to look for?

Will my red ignition light twinkle if I'm equipped with an alternator?
The Haynes book only tells me how to replace it, but not how it's wired.

-Malcolm
62 TR4 with its first running problem!

    Too many rocks and not enough sand.