TR-3 - Cage Nuts, Part II, the awful truth

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, british-cars@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR-3 - Cage Nuts, Part II, the awful truth
From: John Cowan <jfcowan@sj.znet.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 1997 15:51:46 -0700 (PDT)
  Well, I got the  cage nuts below the hood dzus fastener mount undone, but
it wasn't pretty.  The first one was quickly crushed by the vice grip.  On
the second, I got the grip positioned better, but it soon ripped up one of
the feet (actually a blessing).  Went back after the first and it is now
bits of metal.
  Put zinc hex nuts and bolts in place, with appropriate washers.
According to one correspondent, this makes me an incipient DPO (damned
*present* owner?).  However, one of these days, I'll order a cage nut from
Moss and have my friend tack it and the partially attached one back in place.
  This experience makes the thought of removing one of the fenders pretty
sobering.
  John Cowan