Re: Nylock nuts

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Nylock nuts
From: David Brady <dmb@cisco.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 1997 22:43:52 -0700
Hi Eric,

I highly recommend a book by Carol Smith entitled
"Threaded Fasterners" (I think). I'll check the title
when I get home. He talks about grade 8 bolts and
the bolted joint in general and how it relates to
race cars. Before putting another bolt into your
chassis, it would behoove you to get this book.
I read it and decided on Airframe certified hardware,
aka, AirCorps/Navy Standard (AN). This is the only
stuff that you can be sure of and it comes in 1/8"
resolution grip sizes so you can make certain that
the bearing surface in double shear contacts the
unthreaded portion of the bolt and does not touch
the threaded portion. Fascinating stuff.

Good Luck
--
Dave Brady
dmb@cisco.com