Wanted: Parts for early Vitesse (or Herald/Spitfire)

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Wanted: Parts for early Vitesse (or Herald/Spitfire)
From: David Huddleson <dhuddles@gandalf.ca>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 1997 10:44:06 -0400 (EDT)
Dear Triumph friends,

My father is restoring an early Triumph Vitesse (Sports 6) 1600cc and
while he has most parts, the whole car was bought as one of those
"abandoned restorations" and is missing odd bits and pieces...

We are looking for a bracket for the rear swingarm suspension which
attaches the radius arm to the frame. We need this "U" shaped bracket
which holds the forward end of the radius arm to the frame.

We assume (but cannot confirm) that this bracket would be the same as
similar vintage Triumph Heralds, and likely (?) early Spitfires. Anyone
parting out one of these early cars and have some parts available.

We are located in eastern Ontario, Canada about 30 miles north of the New
York State border. I will be attending the Roadster Factory Summer Party
August 8-10 if someone may have what we need, and might also be attending.

Thanks for any help!

Cheers,
David Huddleson

(Work)