Re: Leather Protectants :

To: trlist <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Leather Protectants :
From: Dan DeRight <draka@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 1997 17:23:45 +0000
CHRISTOPHER J REILLY wrote:

> -- [ From: old chris * EMC.Ver #2.5.3 ] --
>
> All;
>
> Anyone have recommendations on a good leather protectant ? Just got my
>
> original steering wheel re-covered with tan leather and would like to
> protect it from UV and dirt.

    I've had very good luck with Lexol.  It comes in little brown
plastic containers that look like minature Jerry cans.  It is about the
consistency of water, and takes a while to dry, but I have used it for
years on belts, holsters, seats and couches, all with good results.  I
would do it at least 24 hours before you want to use it, and let it air
out a bit.  Built up odors really aren't a problem on a TR I suppose!