TR3A Rusted Panel Replacement

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: TR3A Rusted Panel Replacement
From: "Perry T. Hammock" <phammock@ivy.tec.in.us>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 1997 09:08:26 -0500
Well, its getting near to time to begin the body restoration on my 61 TR3A.  It
needs the floor pans, inner sills and rocker panels replaced.
Questions:
1:  Better to strip tub and then replace or replace first?  My logic indicates
it might be best to replace first, to give the body stability during the
dipping process.  I'm worried it will break in half at the doors with these
rusted parts, and there will be a real problem getting things jigged up after
to replace the parts.
2:  Any technical sources for this procedure?  Articles on team net or
somewhere?  I havent been able to scrounge any.
3:  Any difference in the suppliers for these parts?  I assume they are all
selling the same components, but welcome opinions.

Thanks, in advance for any help, advice, cautions, etc you can provide.

Perry Hammock
TR3A TS 60999
Indiana