Bad gas - really???

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Bad gas - really???
From: "Nicholls, Clark" <cnicholl@lawson.epri.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 1997 10:24:42 -0400
All the finger pointing at bad gas and gas shelf life, I have never had
any such symptoms over the past 25 years, even with storing my Spitfire
(or Camaro or ...) for several years a couple of times.  I fill the tank
with hi-test (normal grade I use) when storage time comes, drive it into
the garage and shut down.  Turn off the petcock in the gas line to
prevent siphoning (installed 2 years ago after a leaky electric pump
turned the garage into a potential bomb) and put her up on jackstands
and under the covers after changing the oil.  This is in New England
where the covers go on in October - November and she stays there till
April.  No, the garage isn't heated.

The last couple of years we have had the "oxygenated" California spec
gas here and still no problems.

Has anyone really fallen prey to "bad gas" or is their storage suspect?

Clark
--
Visit me at: http://members.aol.com/cwnicholls