Uh-oh...

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Uh-oh...
From: SUCHAK <suchak@mediaone.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 1997 20:54:22 -0400
Well, I've just made a nasty discovery..

It seems that I've got a bit of rust in the frame that just exposed
itself to my dismayed eyes when I put a floorjack underneath it, only to
have the frame rail crumple under the weight if the car.

It's in the rear of the frame, exactly at the point that the rear shock
towers weld to the main rail..  Never noticed it until today, but after
picking away all of the rusted crap it looks to be pretty extensive.

Is this fixable, or should I pull off all my good bits and pick up the
Spitfire roller I've coincedentially stumbled across, which has a
beautiful freshly blasted and painted frame and much less rust in the
tub than mine ever did?  I'm right at the point in my Spit where it
would be a simple matter to pull off the choice bits and just install
all of the new stuff I've accumulated in the new car.  Between both cars
I have everything I'd need to finish, and everything the roller needs
(drivetrain, interior and "bits") are excellent on mine.

Which leads me to my next question...  The aforementioned roller has no
title (abandoned at the restorer, seized under a garage lein), but is
exactly the same as my Spit, which has a fine title...  How much of *my*
Spit would need to be in the hybrid for it to be titled under my
existing title?  Free legal advice welcomed on this one, and of course,
all replys are greatly appreciated.

John

--
Come see us on the Web!